One of the most common questions asked of Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs: Are you a non-profit or a for-profit? In today’s environment, that question is much harder to answer, and understanding your options is crucial. This workshop will be led by Eric Fischer from Withers Bergman LLP law firm, who will discuss the following topics:
- Non-profits: What does it mean to be a 501c3? Real-life case studies will be presented of unusual 501c3 activities to demonstrate the things you can, and cannot do as a 501c3.
- For-profit or Hybrid Models: What are the options? Relevant case studies will be discussed to show the different choices
- How does your choice affect your potential funding sources?
- What documents do you need to understand to register your organization?
This is part of the Environmental and Social Entrepreneurship Professional Skills series co-hosted by:
- The Yale Center for Business and the Environment
- InnovateHealth Yale
- The Yale Entrepreneurial Institute
- Yale Entrepreneurial Society